There are many scientific wonders in the Quran. These wonders deepen our belief and make us proud of our religion. In 1981-82 the French government requested Egypt to send them a mummy named „Mummified corpse“ of the pharaoh found in the sea, to do some research.
The Egyptian government agreed and sent them the mummy for which the French president and his government have made a welcome ceremony. The mummy was then transported to a research lab where many scientists welcomed it, and each of them was an expert in a different field of research. Morris Bokay was in charge of the research team. He was interested only in the way the pharaoh died and how the body remained intact even after 1000 years. He was focused on these questions and after numerous tests and research he decided to have a press conference to make his discovery public. Someone from his team has asked him about the discovery he wanted to announce and he gave the following explanation:
“I will tell the world that the pharaoh was suffocated and that the body was preserved so well thanks to the small particles of sea salt that entered the body through his skin. These particles cannot be seen with a naked eye.”
His coleague told him not to hurry with the announcement because the Muslims believe and claim that their Holly book, Qur’an, has mentioned that. When he heard that, Morris said: „That’s impossible. How can their old book mention something which requires a complex (modern) tool to discover, and even 200 years ago? No way. How can a 1400 years old book discover that fact? That’s impossible.“
Moric started to study the Thorah and the Bible. When he didn’t find anything he took the Quran. There he has found an ayat which explains the given topic:
“This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!” (Yunus, ayat 92.)
Morris shouted: „IMPOSSIBLE! 14 centuries ago God has sent Mohammad with this ayat? Amazing!
Then he said the great words: „I testify that this is a Book of God, not of men.“ Because it is impossible that Mohammad could have known this fact. He was inspired by God who knows everything: „the past, the present and the future“. He said: „I believe that these are words of God.“
After that he went to Egypt to study about Islam at Al-Azhar (may Allah save Azhar for all the Muslims) and after many years of study he said even greater and more significant words: „I testify that there is no other God but Allah and that Mohammad is his Messenger and I testify that the Qur’an is a word of God.“
(90) We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with the flood, he said: “I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit (to Allah inIslam).”
(91) (It was said to him): “Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief (and violence)!
(92) “This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!” (Yunus, 90, 91, 92)
- Land and Sea in the Quran
- It is our duty to follow the Qur’an